Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/2001 19:40:42
[ On Wednesday, May 16, 2001 at 15:20:11 (-0700), Greywolf wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
> "Make it configurable."
> I think that there should be a configurable timeout for things like this,
> including a value for "never".

NO!  Never make anything any more complex than it needs to be.

First you have to show that there's actually a need for such a
superfluous feature.  As I said I cannot even imagine such a need!

And then you have to show that the "costs" of such a feature, both in
implementation and maintenance, as well as in the way the influence the
usability of the entire system, are worth it too!  :-)

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>     <>
Planix, Inc. <>;   Secrets of the Weird <>