Subject: Re: Getting current install floppies
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/2001 08:16:45
At 2:10 PM +0200 5/15/01, Frank van der Linden wrote:
>Btw.. do you have a setting 'Pnp OS [yes/no]' in the BIOS of that machine
>(or any other setting talking about the installed OS'? If it's called
>'PnP OS', make sure that it's set to 'no. If it's another setting,
>try experimenting with the values.

Not that I can find. This is a 1U rackmount server, so I think Dell
was smart enough to not include those things in the BIOS. FWIW, the
BIOS is by Phoenix.

And there is the SCSI BIOS, of course. It is Adaptec BIOS build
25307. Should I be doing anything in the Ctrl-A interface here? I
looked around, and all the settings seemed OK.

--Paul Hoffman