Subject: Re: Getting current install floppies
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2001 20:15:34
On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:25:24AM -0700, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> ahc1 at pci3 dev 5 function 0
> OptionMode = 3
> ahc1: interrupting at irq 5
> ahc1: aic7899 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
> uvm_fault(0xc058b380, 0x1000, 0, 1) -> 1
> kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> Stopped in swapper at 0xc010be53:   movzwl    0x4(%ebx),%eax
> db>
>
> Any guesses are appreciated. Again, I'm sure that the controller and
> disk are fine, given that I can fully install OpenBSD 2.8, FreeBSD
> 4.2, and RedHat 7.1 on the same box.

I saw that one, and I have, unfortunately, no idea what's going
on there. I have one box with a 7899, and I installed 1.5 onto
it without problems.

Also, our ahc driver is port I did of (now an older version of) the
FreeBSD driver, and the bulk of the OpenBSD ahc driver is a
copy of that port. So it's strange that these systems should
work. There is some difference in the pci frontend to the
driver, but it's failing in a part that is exactly the
same for all systems.

The NetBSD kernel doesn't like something in that system, and
I think that the ahc panic is just a side effect.. No idea
what it is, unfortunately.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com