Subject: 1.5.1_BETA with cs4281 support
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/2001 01:30:51
Hi,

tonight I have cooked together a draft pull-up request to get the
cs4281 driver from -current back-ported to the netbsd-1-5 branch,
so that it can be part of 1.5.1_BETA2 and eventually 1.5.1.

However, to do so required touching quite a number of other
drivers; see the list below which is the draft pull-up request.

So... since I have no easy way to test the resulting kernels and
device drivers myself, I turn to you to get some verification
that

a) the new driver works as intended
b) none of the old drivers which are touched are adversely
   affected by these changes

Two test kernels are available, based on GENERIC_LAPTOP and
GENERIC, they are available from

  ftp://albatross.runit.no/pub/netbsd.GENERIC
and
  ftp://albatross.runit.no/pub/netbsd.GENERIC_LAPTOP

respectively.  The file cs4281-pullup in that directory is a copy
of the text below.

Please include me in any reports of testing results of these
kernels; for some strange reason I've not been able to keep up
with my NetBSD mailing list reading lately...

Best regards,

- H=E5vard

------------------------------

sys/arch/i386/i386/apm.c		1.53,1.56
share/man/man9/powerhook_establish.9	1.2
sys/dev/ic/awi.c			1.28
sys/dev/ic/i82557.c			1.42 via patch
sys/dev/ic/rtl81x9.c			1.19 via patch
sys/dev/ic/tulip.c			1.82 via patch
sys/dev/isa/ym.c			1.17
sys/dev/usb/uhci.c			1.128
sys/sys/queue.h				1.22-1.26
sys/sys/systm.h				1.123
sys/kern/kern_subr.c			1.71,1.73
sys/dev/ic/midway.c			1.43

  Add new powerhook argument values, PWR_SOFTSUSPEND, PWR_SOFTSTANDBY an=
  PWR_SOFTRESUME. Apm calls powerhook with the values in normal interrup=
  priority level while others are protected with splhigh().

sys/dev/pci/pcidevs			1.275 via patch
sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.h			regenerate
sys/dev/pci/pcidevs_data.h		regenerate
sys/dev/pci/cs4280.c			1.7-1.8, 1.10-1.14, 1.16 via patch
sys/dev/pci/cs428x.c			1.1-1.2
sys/dev/pci/files.pci			1.117, 1.120
sys/dev/pci/cs4281.c			1.1-1.4 via patch
sys/dev/pci/cs4281reg.h			1.1-1.3
sys/dev/pci/cs428x.h			1.1-1.4
sys/dev/pci/cs428xreg.h			1.1-1.2
share/man/man4/clct.4			1.1-1.4
share/man/man4/Makefile			1.179 via patch
distrib/sets/lists/man/mi		patch

  Add clct driver for Cirrus Logic CrystalClear PCI Audio CS4281.

sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC		1.393
sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC_LAPTOP	patch

  Add clct(4) driver.