Subject: Re: saturday's -current vs vmware
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2001 18:29:08
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 06:24:17PM +0200, Sean Doran wrote:
> sean# uname -a
> NetBSD sean.ebone.net 1.5U NetBSD 1.5U (EBONE) #3: Sat Apr 28 20:58:27 CEST 2001     smd@sean.ebone.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/EBONE i386
> sean# sh vmnet start
> Starting vmnet
> /usr/local/share/vmware/lkm/if_hub.o: In function `hub_sendchain':
> /usr/local/share/vmware/lkm/if_hub.o(.text+0xa43): undefined reference to `psignal'
> modload: can't prelink `/usr/local/share/vmware/lkm/if_hub.o' creating `/usr/local/share/vmware/lkm/if_hub'

From the README:

   An 1.5 branch kernel is strongly recommended. I have seen some
   problems with -current kernels, like VMware panicing during win2000
   installs, and during heavier disk access under Linux.

   Note that the LKMs are compiled for the 1.5 branch. If you want to
   use -current, you will need to recompile the LKMs from source
   (don't forget to set the path to your kernel sources in the Makefiles),
   and copy them to their place in the installed tree later.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/