Subject: 3Com HomeConnect External Cable Modem USB
To: None <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/28/2001 01:29:14
I just recently signed up for cable modem access from my provider, and
they shipped me a 3Com HomeConnect External Cable Modem USB
(3CR29223).  This cable modem has a cable connection, a USB
connection, and a RJ45 connection.  I'd really like to be able to use
the USB connection directly so that I don't have to purchase an
additional Ethernet NIC to turn my machine into a NAT gateway.  Does
anyone know what kind of USB Ethernet chip is used in this modem?
Which USB Ethernet driver will drive this modem?

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University