Subject: ATTN: CVS Source Mirror Downtime
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, snap-users@kame.net>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2001 12:15:05
Due to increase in popularity, it is time for us to re-configure our
server somewhat; add some diskspace and make some performance
improvements. This is planned for this weekend and you may see some
short intervals of server downtime or service unavailibility. If so,
please try again a bit later. The most important services we host that
will be affected by this are the anoncvs/cvsup/ftp for NetBSD and Kame:

anoncvs.no.netbsd.org, cvsup.no.netbsd.org, ftp.pasta.cs.uit.no, et al

We hope to be completely back with a better service performance after this
weekend. Apologies for the inconveniences you may experience. We had
hoped to be able to schedule such maintenance during `natural'
downtime due to hardware failure or system instability. Unfortunately,
since our server runs NetBSD-1.5, it has had the annoying tendency to
stay up all the time even under an increasingly heavy load ;), so that
we have to manually intervene and bring the machine down for such
maintenance work.

Feico.