Subject: re: Advice for pci NIC
To: None <>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/2001 08:34:20
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <>,
> 	Manuel Bouyer <> writes:
> > You may also want to look at the quad-port DLINK board (based on the
> > DEC 21143 chip, I think it's the DFE620 but I'm not sure) if you're short
> > in PCI slots.
> No good idea. Both of my tulip cards (SMC 9334, D-Link DFE500TX) tend
> to fall back to "store and forward" mode very quickly with the "tlp"
> driver. And afterwards the send performance is below 8MB/Sec on a
> 100MBit/Full Duplex connection.

I have seen 8 Megabits(!)/second using the de driver with the D-Link
TX-570TX 4-port board <>  using
/usr/pkgsrc/net/netperf as a test tool.  Something would appear to be broken...

I get sustained 75 Mb/s with Intel chip and fxp driver, and also excellent
performance with SMC Etherpower II and epic driver.