Subject: Re: VPN's: Attempting to make Nortel's Extranet Clinet connected via a NetBSD router
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2001 21:20:51
On Thu apr 12 itojun wrote:

> >Is anyone familiar with trying to get a VPN Client (Nortel's Extranet
> >Client) on a Windows machine, to connect with it's corresponding
> >Nortel Extranet Switch via a NetBSD box working as the Internet
> >interface (router)????
>
> 	you at least need to present your network diagram, otherwise noone
> 	will be able to guess your settings.
>
> itojun

I'll do my best. I currently have a DSL Modem connected to a NetBSD box via a 10Base-T connection to a 3C509
Ethernet Adapter, /dev/ep0. I have a 3C590 10/100 Ethernet Adapter, /dev/ep1, connected to an 8-port Ethernet
Switch. I also have a Windows Client (proposed VPN Client) connected to the same Ethernet Switch via a 100Base-T
connection.

I have configured the NetBSD box with IPF and IPNAT according to the Document "Basic NetBSD Networking" taken
from www.NetBSD.org. I understand that I may have to disbale IPNAT to get this to work. Currently, all normal
IP traffic (Web, FTP, Telnet, UUCP) works as advertised.

I have breifly looked over the White Paper "IP Filter based Firewalls HOWTO" and found little to illuminate a
solution.

I am trying to get the Windows Client, through a Nortel Extranet Client applett, to connect to a Nortel
Extranet Switch which interfaces to our corporate LAN nearly 1500 miles away.

If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Gerry Simmons
simmons@darykon.cet.com