Subject: Re: kern/12187: nfs_timer: ignoring error 55- what's it for and why does it whine so? (fwd)
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2001 15:39:30
On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 10:17:14AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> [...]
>
> tulip.

What driver ? tlp or de ?

> My point here is that an out of the box system performing normal operations on
> an uncongested network should not lock up printing out obscure error
> messages. I knew it was ENOBUFS.

It may be normal to get ENOBUFS from time to time. I'm not sure we shouldn't
print it, it's a diagnostic info after all.
Note that the error can have 2 (or maybe more) sources: we're really
out of mbuf; or the transmit queue of the adapter is full.

But this shouldn't lock up. I've got this message from time to time but
it was never fatal. Maybe the bug is in the adapter driver ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>