Subject: something to add to UPDATING
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2001 23:26:21
just finished getting the entire source tree earlier today, so i started
following UPDATING to get ready for the 'make build' in my near future.

for the first time that i have seen, trying to rebuild libc generated the
error that the option -X for lint was un-recognized.  built and installed a
new lint, and now libc is being built just fine.

the confusing thing though is that lint is usr.bin/xlint so it took me a little
while to find.

other than that, as soon as libc is done building/installing it's time for a
reboot and on to a 'make build'

for now i'm off to the bar, maybe by the time i'm back it'll be done making
libc. (slow old sparc box)

cheers,

-brian