Subject: Re: Is ADMtek AN985 supported?
To: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2001 16:09:51
On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 01:46:18PM -0700, Tyrel Beede wrote:
> I had the same problem with both the tlp and sip drivers using NetGear
> cards.  They wouldn't communicate with anything on the network unless
> they were running in permisc mode.

I fixed this for the sip driver in -current and the fix was pulled up
into the 1.5.x branch.

The basic problem was that the card was configured to only match its
exact MAC address, but the MAC address was not properly programmed into
the "match" register.  In promiscuous mode, it accepted all packets
regardless of the destination address so it would work.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...