Subject: Re: kern/12187: nfs_timer: ignoring error 55- what's it for and why does it whine so? (fwd)
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2001 11:56:01
On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 10:50:06PM -0400, Rafal Boni wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0104061629540.7154-100000@zeppo.feral.com>, you write
> :
>
> -> FWIW-  I believe that 1.6 should not ship without this being addressed.
> -> I've just about given up trying to link alpha kernels if the destination
> -> FS is NFS mounted- I have to reset the Alpha to recover.
>
> I've seen similar streams of output except with error 48 when trying to
> boot my Indigo2 with root on NFS, but that could have been 'cuz I was using
> the PROM console and the ethernet driver was printing a lot of stuff out
> (like a line per received packet or receive interrupt).
>
> Like you, I had no idea what it meant or what to do about it, though making
> the driver not printf quite as excessively made it go away.

This is an error number defined in sys/errno.h, e.g.:
rochebonne#/usr/src/1.5S/src/usr.bin/make>grep 55 /usr/include/sys/errno.h
#define ENOBUFS         55              /* No buffer space available */
rochebonne#/usr/src/1.5S/src/usr.bin/make>grep 48 /usr/include/sys/errno.h
#define EADDRINUSE      48              /* Address already in use */

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>