Subject: NetBSD 1.5.1 release cycle started - Beta testers welcome!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2001 15:18:34
Well, subject says it pretty much all.

The NetBSD 1.5.1 release cycle has started, and what is now on the
netbsd-1-5 branch will be released after some testing period. The test
period has started now, snapshots for alpha and i386 available via ftp.
Snapshots for other architectures will show up soon - please test, and
report any bugs via send-pr!

Locations of the binary snapshots on ftp.netbsd.org and mirrors are:

 * alpha:	/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/snapshot/20010406-1.5.1_BETA
 * i386:	/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot/20010406-1.5.1_BETA

Planned release date is beginning of may if no major problems are
found. Else a BETA2 may be cut first, to give further opportunity to test.

People who want to build 1.5.1-BETA from source should check out the head
of the netbsd-1-5 branch, there is no seperate tag for this. Also watch
source-changes as there will probably be a few more changes until this
goes gold.

 - Hubert

P.S.: I'm writing this on behalf of Havard, I'm not part of releng myself.

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@netbsd.org>