Subject: Re: AnonCVS oddity
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2001 00:15:15
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >so i gotta clean everything up whenever i want to do a 'cvs update'? that is
> >not a really good answer since my machine is slow and i want to use 'make build
> >UPDATE=1' so only what was changed gets rebuilt.
>
> 	then use objdirs to split binaries/*.o files from source code tree.
> 	clean everything up once, and run "make obj" at the
> 	top directory.  every time you run "make build", run "make obj".

Or set "MKOBJDIRS= yes" in /etc/mk.conf. This always does a "make obj"
right after "make cleandir".  Objdirs plus UPDATE=1 sets a trap,
though, if you use it inappropriately after major changes to the build
structure. You could end up with objects outside of the "obj" dir that
are never recompiled.

Frederick