Subject: Re: AnonCVS oddity
To: None <>
From: Brian Hechinger <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2001 00:53:09 drunkenly mumbled...
> 	cvs becomes unhappy when it wants to dig a new directory
> 	(usr.sbin/mrouted/mrouted), and there already is a normal file.
> 	there are two solutions I guess:
> 	- clean your source code tree before running cvs update.
> 	- always use objdir on builds.  clean everything up, and run "make obj"
> 	  from the top level directory.

but usr.sbin/mrouted/mrouted is the binary that gets installed as
/usr/sbin/mrouted why would cvs expect it to be a directory?

so i gotta clean everything up whenever i want to do a 'cvs update'? that is
not a really good answer since my machine is slow and i want to use 'make build
UPDATE=1' so only what was changed gets rebuilt.