Subject: UVM is awsome!
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2001 00:29:55
UVM, combined with the almost-new NFS fixes in 1.5T, improves
performance incredibly!

I thought my NFS server (most, the SS2) was slow, but when the client's
running with UVM and enough memory things are much faster than I would
have believed possible.

In fact the whole machine seems much faster overall with the 2001/03/24

Even my massive .profile/.kshrc/.etc, all pulled from NFS, run to
completion faster on my PII-300MHz (with 192MB RAM) than I can place and
drop the xterm window (and I've got a /usr/src "make dependall" running
in the background too, not to mention little things like netsaint,
scotty, mozilla, emacs, squeak, etc.!)

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>     <>
Planix, Inc. <>;   Secrets of the Weird <>