Subject: Re: status of the thorpej_scsipi code
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2001 11:34:46
On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:40:13PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a status update about the thorpej_scsipi branch (and request for
> testers :)

A question about the thorpej_scsipi work; are SCSI tape drives better
supported ?

At the moment our st driver has no idea about the current file or
block number, and not knowing where you are on the tape is very
annoying. Also, there doesn't seem to be any feedback in "mt status"
for settings such as "mt compress", etc. Finally, the driver has been
flaky at times, especially in the case of drive or tape error.

I was under the impression that work such as the thorpej_scsipi should
make improving the above problems much easier, especially with respect
to the error reporting.

Comments?

Luke.