Subject: NetBSD 1.5 and Dante
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2001 11:50:33
I have been working a contract up at IBM Boulder, and I've been plotting
to infiltrate the land of AIX and Linux with NetBSD.

Outside access from IBM goes through SOCKS servers. We installed NetBSD 1.5
on a P200 and installed Dante from the compiled packages ISO. Attempts to
socksify ftp or ssh result in coredumps. I also built the package from src
and it coredumped as well.

I tried to build this package on -current and got:

error: some unfamiliar function prototypes were found,
       and will probably mean that building of libdsocks,
       which allows on-the-fly socksification of dynamic
       binaries will not work.

       You have several options:

       1. If you do not need libdsocks, run configure with the
          option --disable-preload.
       2. Send the output from configure to dante-bugs@inet.no
          and if possible you'll get a patch fixing the problem.
          If you think this might be a generic problem, sending
          the output might allow the problem to be solved for all
          users of your platform in the next release.
       3. Fix the problem yourself. If you have autoconf installed,
          using the output above to modify configure.in should
          enable you to compile without problems.
*** Error code 1

This package builds and works fine on Linux 2.4.x.

Has anyone built this package and made it work?

Thanks.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com