Subject: Re: building for multiple archs from a read-only tree
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2001 00:35:30
On Sat 31 Mar 2001 at 12:18:23 +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> Unfortunately no...  You still need to create the empty directories
> under ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}.  The way it works is that if
> ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}/`pwd` exists, make will run in that directory.  If
> the directory isn't there, then it will run in `pwd`.

Oh yes. But I just think of something: this can be done faster by
doing something like

    cd objdir; find /usr/src -type d -a \! -name CVS | xargs mkdir

which is probably a lot faster than make obj. It might make a few
directories too many though, but that is not really a problem I think.

> Simon Burge                            <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ land.nl     --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp