Subject: Re: you need to rebuild yacc before you make build...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2001 16:10:57
[ On Sunday, February 4, 2001 at 21:51:51 (-0500), Christos Zoulas wrote: ]
> Subject: you need to rebuild yacc before you make build...
>
> So that the prototype for yyparse() gets generated in the correct
> place.

Now that I'm getting caught up on builds again.....

It would seem that just re-building and re-installing yacc is not enough
if you're doing "make build UPDATE=yes".  You have to explicitly remove
all generated .c files too.

Despite the fact that almost all of my source files were updated (due to
the fact that I finally corrected my cvs to honour $NetBSD in the
official repo mirror), almost none of the .y files were re-yacc-ed
properly.

Without looking at the make rules I'd almost guess that there's some
hold-over from the good old days where yacc runs were never explicitly
in the dependency chain just in case the target system didn't have
yacc.  Could this still be so in the NetBSD build system?

I suppose it is possible that some .y files don't have $NetBSD IDs and
that's confusing me....

(note that this is with -current as of 2001/03/24)

--
							Greg A. Woods