Subject: Does the batch build of pkgsrc work?
To: None <>
From: Tero Kivinen <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2001 20:24:31
I have been trying to do batch build of the whole pkgsrc for while,
but I seem to run in lots of problems. Has anybody tested batch
building lately?

The first problem was that pkglint couldn't be uninstalled, because
there was package which dependend on it, and the pkg_delete failed.

The second problem was that pkg_info complained about missing argument
to -e option. This was fixed by changing the

${PKG_INFO} -qe $$pkgname

${PKG_INFO} -qe "$$pkgname"

in all places in the

Then some building at least www/wwwcount seems to hung for waiting the
"yes" to finish (i.e the yes consumes 98% of cpu time, and nothing
happens, when I kill the yes then the installation continues).

So is the batch build broken or is my configuration somehow broken...

Piece of my /etc/mk.conf:

DEPENDS_TARGET?=        bulk-install
PACKAGES?=              ${PKGSRCDIR}/packages/${MACHINE_ARCH}
OBJMACHINE?=            1                 # use work.${MACHINE_ARCH}
WRKOBJDIR?=             /usr/tmp/pkgsrc   # build here instead of in pkgsrc
FAILOVER_FETCH=         yes               # insist on the correct checksum
PKG_DEVELOPER?=         yes

The netbsd is NetBSD 1.5T compiled Wed Mar 28 08:07:43 EEST 2001, from
sources cvs updated from the few hours before (I
am using the because the ssh connection to the seems to be broken so often).
--                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security
SSH IPSEC Toolkit