Subject: Re: File system corruption
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Tim Preston <tim@flibble.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2001 10:23:56
Manuel Bouyer wibbled one day
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 04:13:11PM +0100, Tim Preston wrote:

> > [...]
> > pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0
> > pchb0: VIA Technologies VT8363 KT133 System Controller (rev. 0x02)
> > [...]

> Hum, I fear this may be the same data corruption problem reported by others,
> for *some* KT133 IDE controllers.

Hmmm, even though the drives I'm seeing this on are hanging off the
HPT370 controller? Also I'm seeing in on one filesystem, not across the
whole disk. I'm only not seeing any problems with a NetBSD distribution
on a drive that hangs off the actual VIA IDE controller either.

--
I am become Reginald, purveyor of fitted kitchens...