Subject: SUP on Solaris
To: None <>
From: Paul Dokas <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/2001 21:58:12
I'm building a new machine to replace and I'm having a
nasty time with SUP.

My new machine is running Solaris 2.7 and SUP will not compile cleanly.
I've pulled over /usr/src/usr.sbin/sup/source/ and I've edited the
Makefile appropriately.  However, read_line.c requires both err() and
fgetln(), which just don't exist under Solaris.  I can get around err()
since it's relatively simple, but fgetln() has code that digs through
the bowels of stdio.

Can anyone help me out with this?  I'd really like to continue offering
SUP on the new

Paul Dokas
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."