Subject: Re: strange about make /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/postfix/util
To: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/2001 12:55:17
Rui-Xiang Guo wrote:

> Hi, when I try to make build with the source I cvs yesterday, I got problem
> about make /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/postfix/util.
> It print such message:
>
> make: don't know how to make /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/postfix/util/../../../dist/postfix/u
til/argv.c. Stop

> I have already updated 'make' before make build. I find out the path is wrong,
> but the Makefile is correct.

You probably have an old .depend file lying around that refers to a
source file that doesn't exist anymore (argv.c in this case).  The
easiest fix would be to "make cleandir" in the top of your source tree,
but you can probably do that from the /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/postfix/util
this time around.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/