Subject: Re: What happens when the floppy's too big?
To: , <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2001 21:40:02
on 3/22/01 2:46 PM, gabriel rosenkoetter at gr@eclipsed.net wrote something
like:

<floppy make failed snip>
> /mnt: write failed, file system is full
> cp: /mnt/netbsd: No space left on device
> *** Error code 1
>
> What's the "right" thing to do in order to get a complete snapshot
> in this situation? Prune down the floppy kernel config?

    Well, the right thing (in my somewhat warped mind) would be to look
through the i386 makefile and see about breaking the install image across
two floppy disks as i386 does. However, stripping out VERBOSE_* and PCI
sound support might get the kernel small enough to fit on a single floppy,
with USB keyboard support.

    Chris

--

    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."