Subject: Re: GCC 2.95.2
To: None <Oleg.Polianski@clear.co.nz>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/2001 21:14:43
On 22 Mar 2001 Oleg.Polianski@clear.co.nz wrote:

: > Yes, it will.
:
:  By the way. I remember someone told about ELF patches (at least for
:  ix86 arch) were submitted to GCC maintainers but tracking the compiler'
:  sources for last half year (speaking on behalf of me) it seems they were
:  not. GCC 3.0 will be released soon and it looks like it'll lack of
:  out-of-the-box (tm) ELF support for NetBSD/i386. Is it possible to correct
:  this situation?

Not just this, but dozens of changes, are currently my active responsibility
to get back into the GCC trunk.  I now have FSF copyright assignment papers
on file to facilitate this.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/