Subject: Re: Apropos package upgrading.
To: Johan Ihren <johani@autonomica.se>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2001 12:41:54
On 18 Mar 2001, Johan Ihren wrote:
> Therefore I suggest that the removal of the previous version is
> deferred until after the build went well. This way you don't run the
> risk of ending up with the old version removed and the new version in
> pieces.

Sorry, this is out of the scope of my original message.
I added the possibility to do binary pkg upgrading exactly for that reason
that 'make update' is very prone to errors. If you have a set of binary
pkgs ready, you can upgrade easily as everything is already build.

(Maybe someone else can help you with 'make update', I can't.)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>