Subject: Re: D-Link DWL-650
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2001 00:38:31
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Peter Seebach wrote:
> Hmm.  That sounds like the traditional failure mode.

Whoops, I think those messages were from without the patch or
something... I think this is what I get with your patch:

wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: D, Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, Version 01.02,
 port 0x400-0x43f
wi0: too many bytes [8, expected 2] reading type 0xFCE0
wi0: too many bytes [8, expected 4] reading type 0xFC01
wi0: could not get mac address, attach failed

> I wouldn't bet on my patches having survived that.  I haven't tried it.
> I have just sold off my PC laptop, so I can't test easily for a while.

I haven't gotten around to trying your patch with the latest if_wi.c
either, but I did try out the latest version without your patch, and
it's back to:

wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: D, Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card, Version 01.02,
 port 0x400-0x43fwi0: could not get mac address, attach failed

(not surprising). I don't have time to mess with it right now, but maybe
I'll get a chance to look into it later :) (I don't actually have
anything for it to talk to yet anyways; it's the only 11Mb 802.11 device
I have :)