Subject: Still problems with 3C905C
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2001 08:39:00
OK, I guess it isn't my hardware.  I brought another system up to -current
and experienced the same problem.  When I boot, the MAC address comes
up as a series of couplets which are randomly either "00:00" or "ad:ad"
such as 00:00:ad:ad:00:00 or ad:ad:ad:ad:00:00 or even 00:00:00:00:00:00.
In addition, the exphy driver doesn't get used and sometimes the ukphy
doesn't get used either.  In the latter case it tends to not work at all.

When I revert to an older (Dec 20) kernel the card acts as it should.

So, perhaps people who are running a 3C905* card can email me (privately)
and tell me the following.

  - Which exact model
  - What MAC address you have
  - Did it load exphy, ukphy or none?
  - Have you seen the above behaviour

The first 3 come right out of dmesg.  I will collect the stats and report.
I will try to poke around in the code but I am afraid that I probably won't
be much help there.  I'll let you know if I find out anything else.