Subject: Re: Disk lock
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2001 12:38:20
Mark White writes:
> Every so often, I'll be using my CDROM and some process
> (usually cp) will go into disk lock state and just sit there
> for evermore.  I've only noticed this with recent -current.

Eventually, I had a cp, a couple of ls's an a zsh stuck
variously  in vnlock and uvn_fp2 states, I rebooted; and
'reboot' got stuck in vnlock, too.  This is a Bad Thing.

It may be noteworthy that this CDROM has another issue under
NetBSD: the disk access light comes on when you boot, and
doesn't go off until you first access the CDROM.

Mark <><