Subject: Re: oh yay (pkgsrc/audio/cdd vs cddb)
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2001 15:05:56
Simon Burge writes:
> Would using dup2(2) be a way to hack around this?

I don't think so, if I understand the issue correctly.  The man page
seems to be hinting that the /dev/cd0d's reference count must drop
down to zero before the driver lets the new disc's data appear to the

I can try playing with it once my current batch of 268 tracks finishes
mp3 encoding.  (grip doesn't checkpoint its data so I can't interrupt
it right now.)

BTW. patches for grip are at:
     (contains a rude hack of frobbing the parent's private fd).
grip is at:

Wolfgang Rupprecht    <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.