Subject: Re: CD Writer failure
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2001 15:22:39
Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com> wrote:

Dave> I looked at the SCSI code in the kernel, and that lack
Dave> of astonishment is reasonable, since the code for
Dave> command 0x25 basically says "this is a ROM - of course
Dave> there's no space" and returns automatically.

I'm not sure it's related to your problem or not, but I have
an experience that SONY CD-R drives' return code depends on
what kind of medium is in it, such as a fresh CD-R, written
CD-R, CD-ROM, or empty.

Dave> I've tried /dev/scgx, /dev/su0-2-0, 'cdrecord
Dave> dev=2,0', setting up a /etc/defaults/cdrecord file
Dave> (linked to /dev/default, to match the cdrecord
Dave> package).  If anyone else has a suggestion, I'd sure
Dave> be glad to hear it.

I uses 'dev=/dev/cd0d' for i386, 'dev=/dev/cd0c' for other
architectures.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>