Subject: Re: troubles building current on an alpha
To: None <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2001 14:20:33
Brian Hechinger wrote:

> did a search that came up short, so i'll ask here.  is anyone else having
> trouble building current right now?  it doesn't seem to work for me.
> [ ... ]
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/shquote.c:118: warning: no previous prototype for `shquote'
> /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/shquote.c: In function `shquote':
> /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/shquote.c:140: warning: type mismatch in implicit declaration for built-i
n function `memcpy'

This is the (semi-)common "forget to include <string.h> problem." that
doesn't affect many (all?) 32 bit platforms but shows up on alphas.
I've committed a fix - you should see it on the anoncvs mirrors in the
next few hours.

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service: