Subject: serious bug / panic with nfsd/softdep (ubc?) (kern/11906?)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2001 19:46:55
Hi!

I'm using:

NetBSD 1.5S/i386 (of today, but this problem exists since several
weeks) as an nfs server for /usr/src (a kernel raidframe 1), which is
locally softdep mounted.

When using this directory mounted on a nfs client (in my case an
NetBSD/macppc) for compiling, this client crashes the above mentioned
server always exactly at the same 'make build' step, in my case when
building the libskey shared library:

  panic: softdep-pageiodone: resid < 0, vp 0xe5dd98d4 lbn pcbp 0xe5c9108
  Stopped in pid 143 (nfsd) at    cpu_Debugger+0x04:       leave

Using /usr/src locally on the i386 machine does not show this problem.

Mounting /usr/src without softdep 'solves' this problem.

-> Any further testing/debugging necessary? 'Cause I have a quite
   reliable scenario to produce this panic...

Markus.