Subject: Re: I am a new netbsd user
To: manish jain <jain@mail.eecis.udel.edu>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2001 19:18:45
NetBSD uses BSD make, which is quite different from GNU make
(or, to put things chronologically correct way, GNU make is
very different from BSD make). The NetBSD tree has to be compiled
with (Net)BSD make.

You'd be much better off if you'd use 1.5 binary release
tarballs as a start.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
 ---  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, dammit!  ---