Subject: Re: libtool "--tag" error (fwd)
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2001 21:37:38
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

>If what Ruibiao said earlier is true and the only (g)cc he's got
>installed lives in /usr/bin, then either 1) he's got a non-standard
>gcc installed over top (even -current is still using the egcs
>version unless one has actively installed something out of the
>toolchain, no?), 2) there's something wrong with Ruibaio's pkgsrc
>tree, or 3) the libtool package really is broken.

So, where should I start to find out?  For 1, should I do a "make install"
under /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs/cc?  For 2, I am sup'ing the pkgsrc tree every
morning.  It should be pretty fresh.

>Ruibaio, based on what my copy of the Makefile picks up for the
>compiler (see the long command line above), something's probably
>misconfigured (whether automatically or actively) on your machine.

Can you be more specific?  Where should I go check first?

>> I cannot tell why libtool is picking up "gcc" instead of "cc" in
>> Ruibiao's case as I don't have enough information.

What more information I can provide for you?

            Ruibiao