Subject: Re: Removing old libraries after an upgrade
To: Jared D. McNeill <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2001 10:30:36
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Your script also didn't show some other libraries that I use like
> >,, ...
> It's supposed to show anything that isn't the highest version (so if you
> have and, it'll just show I

It appears as if both are used on my system. I don't know if the newer
version is backwards compatible.

> Shouldn't for example be binary compatible with ?

It appears that both are being used. Maybe I should remove one and then
make it symlink to the newer. I don't know if they are compatible.

> I don't want to over-think the process.. I have a very simple merge script
> I wrote to update /etc that isn't perfect but does the job nicely. I need
> something quick and handy like that to save myself from ripping my hair
> out later on.

Interesting. I also wrote a script to help update /etc. My script is at (I should rename it,
because it's use is beyond "etc".)

   Jeremy C. Reed