Subject: I am a new netbsd user
To: None <>
From: manish jain <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2001 02:54:05

I have just downloaded the source code of netbsd 1.5. Presently I am
running linux 2.2.14 on my machine.
Since linux is the only running environment I have, I tried
compiling/building netbsd in that environment ( gnu make version 3.78 and
gcc version 2.91 ).

when I try to execute 'make obj', it fails reporting the following error
Makefile:39: *** missing separator.  Stop.

Line 39 in makefile is the first lines after comments :-
.include <>

I am not sure but it seems that error message is due to . before the

I would appreciate if some one could share information with me on how to
proceed with build of NetBSD ?