Subject: Re: auich in -current/i386
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/2001 00:11:14
Greywolf wrote:
> # I'm running a -current kernel (1.5S) and userland from about four days ago
> # on my Dell OptiPlex GX110. The onboard audio works wonderfully for CD
> # playthrough, but not for audio files. Do I need to somehow configure the
> # audio device? (The onboard audio on my previous machine Just Worked.)
> You can try forcing the device to play at 48000 (48khz), but other than
> that, I don't know what to tell you.

There is similar issue with auvia - some newer codecs only support
48Khz sample rate. It would probably not be particularily hard to
adjust the auich driver so that it works also for such broken
codecs (OK, "sort of works", since the sample rate would be fixed).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, dammit!  @@@@