Subject: Re: auich in -current/i386
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2001 14:55:59
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Amitai Schlair wrote:

# Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:32:24 -0500 (EST)
# From: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
# To: current-users@netbsd.org
# Subject: auich in -current/i386
#
# I'm running a -current kernel (1.5S) and userland from about four days ago
# on my Dell OptiPlex GX110. The onboard audio works wonderfully for CD
# playthrough, but not for audio files. Do I need to somehow configure the
# audio device? (The onboard audio on my previous machine Just Worked.)

I had very much the same problem with my onboard audio on my inhel
all-in-wonderboard.  I also couldn't get the damn video to work right.

There's no codec in the kernel for that board, so audio manipulation
doesn't work at all.  I had to put in a separate sound board and video
card to get X to work.  Thankfully, the external AGP overrides the
on-board (which only has 2MB anyway, yuck).

So now, we wait.

You can try forcing the device to play at 48000 (48khz), but other than
that, I don't know what to tell you.

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Network Your World.