Subject: an driver trouble
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2001 18:12:06
I have two Cisco AIR-PCM340 Wireless PCMCIA cards, but with slighly
different submodel numbers; one is with WEP support, the other
without (AFAIK). The submodel numbers (as printed on the cards) are:
AIR-PCM342 and AIR-LCM342 respectively. The both get configure by
NetBSD as:

an0 at pcmcia1 function 0 port 0x340-0x37f: Aironet PC4800 Wireless LAN Adapter

The AIR-LCM342 card (bought at the last IETF meeting) works just fine
(no WEP). The other one (AIR-PCM342) configures just fine, but gives
me at `ifconfig up':

an0: record length mismatch -- expected 134, got 136
an0 detached

The card is ok, as it works fine in a Windows and Linux laptop. I hope
this is a minor thing to fix, as we have about fifty of these cards
(and only one of the other) and I don't want to give people here a
reason to not choose NetBSD for their machines and go for one of the
toy-OSes. Hope you can help with this one...

Feico.