Subject: Re: digital camera
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2001 15:35:54
>If you get a camera which takes compact flash cards, the pcmcia compact
>flash adaptors work just fine (well the sandisk one does for me) with
>NetBSD, and i beleive that there are some usb compact flash readers
>that work too...

for what it's worth, the cf->pcmcia adapters are just wires.  there's
no circuitry at all in them.  the name on the sticker is the make of
th card, but it really doesn't matter.  my friend and i opened one up
to look at it and it's just traces on a pcb.

you can prove this to youself, if you like, by plugging in the empty
adapter and then plugging the cf card into the adapter.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|