Subject: Re: mail configuration
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2001 17:18:25 (Laine Stump) writes:
> Wolfgang Rupprecht <> writes:
> > Setting up sendmail to use an ISP's mailhost should only take one
> > extra line in the file.
> > define(`SMART_HOST',
> If I understand correctly, when you do that, *all* mail ends up going
> to SMART_HOST. In my case, mail to certain domains must go to a
> particular remote server, in order to assure that the mail goes
> through an encrypted IPSec tunnel rather than in the clear over the
> Internet.

Ok, I see the problem.  In that case you want the next level up of
hack.  You want to define a mailertable as such:

Then create a mailertable file.  Put it in /etc/mail and crunch with:

	/usr/sbin/makemap hash mailertable.db < mailertable

As an example of the things you can do, here are the last few lines of
my mailertable file:

    # spamsters, they have a problem setting up their MX's correctly.
    # we will fix things up for them.  wouldn't want them to miss their bounces.

    # more spammers with intentional MX problems.  Never say we
    # aren't nice to these folks.

    # llnl can't get their mx's setup correctly.

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.