Subject: Re: mail configuration
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2001 12:14:30
Another problem that I run into is my own machine
doing the reverse lookup blocking. I run fetchmail
to grab my email from various machines and email
addresses. There are some lists that I subscribe to
that have invalid dns and fetchmail can't deliver them
to my own machine. I need to run a shell on the remote
machine and pack the email into a file and ftp it here.

How do I stop this? I don't see it in sendmail.cf and
have looked a few times. This new sendmail is pretty
***ky after using the previous version that was in the
tree. Things used to "just work" and now there is NO
guidance on how to make things go.

On another note, it looks like setting the smart host
to mail.tiac.net in my sendmail.cf may have fixed my
inability to send mail, but I haven't gotten a reply
yet, so I can't tell. At least I didn't get an immediate
bounce.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net