Subject: Re: mail configuration
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2001 08:38:22 (John F. Woods) writes:
> Welcome to the modern Internet.  Get used to it, I'm afraid.  (I *knew*
> switching over from NCP was a bad idea, but did they listen to me?)

My first memory of the NCP->TCP transition was my officemate telneting
to port 25.  When he noticed I was watching him he mumbled something
to the effect of "this is probably a secret, so don't tell anyone."

Seeing all the direct-dialup spam bouncing off my filters, I suspect
the secret is out of the bag. (Hey Steve, I didn't tell anyone!)

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.