Subject: Re: Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in January 2001
To: Alistair Crooks <>
From: Bill Squier <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2001 10:10:06
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:02:47AM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> The Package of the Month award goes to: cups, nominated by Bill Squier.
> "Cups is a nice fire-and-forget printing system.  I did a make
> install, loaded cupsd and have instant access to all the printers in
> the office with file-format conversions automatically. It supports
> things like the System V lp(1) options, and you can even set default
> options for each printer (personal) plus you can monitor queues
> through a web page, etc."

It may be worth noting that:

contains a software shim that allows many additional printer drivers to be
used with CUPS.

disclaimer:  I haven't tried this software.

Bill Squier (

        I know I don't deserve a second chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.