Subject: Re: Strange/weird '*fs' effects in -current (1.5Q till now)
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2001 12:14:06
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:

# Hi Jaromír,
#
#     Jaromír> there have been couple of fs fixes recently, including
#     Jaromír> some nfs fixes. You might try to update your kernel,
#     Jaromír> maybe it would help.

#
# that's what I did daily until some minutes ago: No change, the same
# strange/weird misbehavior all the time, and that for several weeks,
# now. (So, I hesitated some time before writing this mail, still hoping
# due to all the *fs changes...)

<aol>Yeah, same here</aol>

I find it doesn't seem to occur if you turn off softdeps on the UFS
of the thing you're NFS mounting.

# Markus.

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: The Last Bastion of the true UNIX Religion.