Subject: Re: Processes getting stuck in disk wait on current currents
To: Chuck Silvers <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2001 08:45:57
Chuck Silvers writes:
> hmm, yea, if the same device is still accessible via other partitions then
> it's less likely that this is a IDE problem.  if reading the whole device
> with dd works, then I'll start looking for filesystem bugs again.
> in this case, it would help if I could get a dd image of the filesystem
> that's having the problem (assuming there aren't any files on that filesystem
> that you want to keep private).

Chuck, there is no problem with you getting a dd of that
partition. (It is just a stock /usr with only netbsd files on it.)
The raw partition is 140Megs, so its probably best for me to put it on
a CD or something for you.

The lastest news.  The dd of the whole raw disk completed without
incident. All the sectors were read.  I checked the math.

If I "cd /mnt" (where I have the bad partition mounted) and do an 'ls
-lagF -R' the ls descends into the bad directory and hangs also.

New info appended to

Wolfgang Rupprecht    <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.