Subject: Re: Processes getting stuck in disk wait on current currents
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2001 20:58:54
On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 07:50:51PM -0800, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> this kinda looks like the IDE driver is losing the i/o...
> even if the hardware isn't responding, I would still think the
> driver should time out the request eventually.
>
> manuel, got any ideas?

I locked again at the code; it tries to do a few things to handle this.
But anyway there's a few things (especially in MD code) where it can loose.
There's also a case where it can't currently get the device is if another
device on the same bus has an I/O going.

Wolfgang, do you have another device on the same IDE channel as the
dump device ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>